Values and Ethos
Values and Ethos
As joint lead school of FPTA Academies we play a pivotal role in enhancing educational opportunities for over 3500 young people in Medway. We believe that all involved in Thomas Aveling work and achieve best when happy; students are given considerable say in their education for example choosing their option subjects in Year 8, choosing extra-curricular activities early in Year 7 and having the chance to take part in the student council. We have high expectations of all of our students and considerable work goes into raising aspirations of all - aiming high in everything we do.
We have the very highest expectations of all within Thomas Aveling and work closely with parents to maximise achievement and to develop young people into caring, successful adults. We are very proud that when students leave us aged 18 (or 16 in the minority of cases) that they often go onto further study at University, specialist colleges or high quality careers in a number of areas. Our students are successful due to the talent and tenacity of the staff at Thomas Aveling raising the students' aspirations and expectations and never letting them settle for being alright.
Our school aims are:
To support student learning by:
- Encouraging excellence and raising aspirations so that all students experience and celebrate personal achievement in all aspects of school life.
- Promoting in our students self-discipline, self-esteem and an enjoyment of learning in a well-ordered environment.
- Being a caring community, sensitive to the welfare and development of its students and staff.
- Actively promoting equal opportunities for all and helping students to develop awareness, respect and tolerance for the religious, cultural and moral values of others.
- Developing the school as an integral part of the local community and emphasising the partnership between school and family.
- Equipping our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to participate effectively in a rapidly changing world.
I hope you find the website interesting and informative but this only touches the surface of what we do. Please come and visit us at one of our open events to find out more.