Science Teacher (Maternity Cover)
Maternity Cover January – Mid-July 2021
Main/Upper Pay Scale
Thomas Aveling is a popular and over-subscribed school with excellent facilities and this vacancy is your chance to begin or continue your career within a fully resourced Science Department, which has in recent years achieved excellent public examination results.
This is a full-time position and full support and induction will be provided. Part time applicants will be considered. The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent practitioner
- Have the knowledge and experience, or ambition to teach across the whole range of age and abilities
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of pupil achievement, personal development and wellbeing are achieved
This post would suit either a newly qualified teacher, for whom full support and induction will be provided, or a more experienced teacher looking for an opportunity to develop their career in a forward thinking and ambitious academy.
- A comprehensive induction programme to teachers at all stages of their career
- Private health care cover
- Happy, motivated children to teach
Closing date for applications: 9am on Friday 13th November 2020
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found
Letters of application, together with completed application form (available on the school website) giving full details of qualifications and experience to date should be sent to:
Mr P Jackson, Headteacher, Thomas Aveling School,
Arethusa Road, Rochester, Kent, ME1 2UW or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Thomas Aveling School is an Equal Opportunities Employer – committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students – any offer of appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for all successful applicants.